Friday, June 15, 2012

#FridayPictureShow Flashes from March to June

And here's the final day to get caught up, the #FridayPictureShow. This is still one of my favorite contests because of the 100 word exact rule. It definitely makes you think as a writer on how to get the best feel and imagery out in a set number of words. The contest has really helped me not be so unnecessarily verbose.

--------------------------------------------------

3/30/12


Title: The Road to ...

I stood in the middle of the maelstrom, my sanity wearing thin. So many things were going through my head as I tried to figure out my next move. Any choice I made felt like it would be the wrong one, leading down a treacherous bridge to no where. No matter what I did, someone was going to die.

Visions of futures tore through my mind. Explosions and earthquakes, the sound of people crying out.
How could I keep these futures from happening? Everything I thought I knew seemed to be wrong. I had to try ... something. Anything. 

----------------------------------------------------

5/4/12

Title: Inside
(#WIP500)

The darkness built up inside of her, bouncing from one end to the other. Alana didn’t know what to make of it. It was like she was possessed.

Wait. Possessed?

"No," she whispered, horrified.

The destroyers had finally gotten to her, despite every attempt she made. At a moment of weakness, when she had only momentarily removed her pendant, they swept in.

The bone-chilling cold filled her. She felt ill. She felt dark. She felt ... like one of them.

A laugh boiled up from deep inside her gut, but it was without humor.

"You're ours now," a voice boomed.

------------------------------------------------------------

5/11/12

No Title

The building was decrepit and in need of repair. The continued exposure to the canal that flowed along side the old brick structure had sped up the rate of deterioration.

Many said that the building should be torn down, that it was an eye sore and a public health issue if it collapsed. However, no one was willing to set up and try. No one had entered the building since it closed under suspicious circumstances fifty years ago.

--------------------------------------------------------

6/1/12

Title: Skin Deep

Forty-two times. Forty-two times he tested me. Forty-two times he tried to dominate me.

Forty-two times I never gave in. Forty-two times I won. Forty-two times I responded in kind.

For each mark on my back, I gave him a matching gash in his chest. His heart beat an additional forty-two times after.

Now, I will not allow anyone to put myself in that position again. Forty-two marks on my back to keep me strong.

As I brush my hair, to anyone else, I look like an ordinary woman without a care in the world. How appearances can be deceiving.

----------------------------------------------------------

6/8/12

Title: A Rose By Any Other Name

As people passed, most would see a beautiful arrangement of flowers that had been stuffed into a garbage can, perhaps from a jilted lover or a bad date. John Anthony chuckled over the seemingly innocuous visage.

In just under an hour, the city would find out what was carefully tucked into the floral tape that held the bouquet together. It may be small, but it packed a serious punch.

He had ideas that were being pushed aside. John Anthony did not like being ignored. The government would finally listen to him once they saw what happens when they don’t listen.

------------------------------------------------

Aaaaand now we are caught up! Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment