Sunday, September 2, 2012

#SixSentenceSunday Week 11

Happy Sunday!

I hope you are enjoying your Labor Day weekend. Today's hook for #SixSentenceSunday is a bit of a jump ahead in my WIP, Guardians. I normally don't jump around when I write, as I tend to be a 'chrono' but this time, the scene spoke to me. What would happen if Alana took her pendant off? If it's just a family heirloom, it wouldn't matter, right?

Carefully, she pulled the pendant over her head, the chain catching on a few stray hairs on the way. Once it was completely free of her head, Alana felt even more anxious. Something felt very wrong.

“I think this was a mistake-“

Thunderous booms cut her off and the room filled with swirling blackness. The voices cackled and surrounded her.

Thanks for reading!

What will your six sentences say?

No comments:

Post a Comment