Sunday, August 4, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction - Bliss

In my stroll through the flash fiction contests, I found Five Sentence Fiction by Lillie McFerrin. What an interesting concept, with a picture and word - neither have to be used exactly but both have to inspiration. See the other enters here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: New Kid on the Block

The name on the street was Bliss, a seemingly innocent looking cupcake laced with the latest concoction of mind-altering drugs. They were hard to trace since they looked so much like ordinary cupcakes, a typical favorite treat of kids and adults alike.

I had come across too many cakeheads on the street, their eyes wide like an excited dog, frosting still on their lips and crumbs in their laps.

The jails were full of people busted for the possession of Bliss, or at least a Bliss-like looking cupcake.

I used to love cupcakes, bastards.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


2 comments:

  1. Excellent take on the prompt if not dark and wicked! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thank you! There were so many cute entries that focused on the dog itself and I knew I couldn't compete with those. Sooo I went in another direction.

      Delete